Eight Boys I Kissed.
1. He made me his girlfriend soon before my 16th birthday, when I was officially allowed to date. He held my hand in the backseat of the car when I got sad, and kissed me without warning in the doorway of my room.
2. He wrote me two poems and drew an elaborate heart, all on graphing paper. He was more Nightwish, I was more Circa Survive. I broke up with him on his birthday. We didn’t talk the whole ride home.
3. He had a sly grin and an earring I couldn’t resist. I played hard to get and shoved him into the lockers at school. It didn’t take long until we were sneaking off together before homeroom.
4. He made me laugh harder than I’d ever laughed before. He came when my mother invited him to dinner at our house. But he loved the idea of us so much that he forgot himself, and I never completely knew him.
5. He intrigued me the moment I met him. But he had too much growing up to do, and I knew it all along though I didn’t want to admit it. I broke his heart on Valentine’s Day.
6. He said I was a good girl and he wasn’t any good for me, but I didn’t listen. That day he kissed my neck as I laughed and I held his hips. But every other day, he was cruel as a cold, driving rain.
7. His bright-eyed gaze was pleading, but I could not give him what he wanted. He told me he was nervous, so I kissed his lips surrounded with blonde scruff on the bike path.
8. He stayed, even though I cried on our first date, even when I said the most insensitive things, even when my world was falling apart. He still stayed."
do you ever get the feeling that your friends just dont care
- Daily Haiku # 23 (via youshouldacceptchaos)
- Late night texting (via snowlilies)